Saturday, December 5, 2015

Day 338: An Early Birthday Surprise

This morning Daniel and I headed off to work once the kids were at school.  Maddie has been wanting Daniel to take her lately, which is pretty sweet.  Thankfully, traffic wasn't terrible, even though construction is still being done.  Daniel and I knocked out a lot of things on our to-do lists, and made our way through the day.

I went to a reception this evening hosted by New Zealand - aka - kiwis.  I had never heard this term, but apparently it's a thing and they don't mind it at all!  They're actually quite proud.  I met some lovely people and said hello to others I had previously met.  It was a great night and I had a lot of fun.  I made my way home after the Ambassador spoke and then I decided to go ahead and give Daniel his birthday gift.

During the afternoon, I looked into Garth Brooks concert tickets while we are home visiting.  Garth happens to be in Raleigh during the March 12th weekend.  So, I plan to buy a pair once they become available next week.  I couldn't give him the official tickets, so I gave him the print out and the idea of it if he wanted to make it happen.  Last year, he was so disappointed that he missed the concert and swore he'd go eventually.  Since we don't know if his tour will continue through the years I felt like this may be the only chance we get.  We'll see!  Daniel was happy nonetheless, so that was nice.
The kids loved being part of the present opening.  It was then my turn.  Daniel gave me my anniversary gift early, so I opened my gift next.  Maddie insisted she help, so once I saw what it was, she took over my bag and other items.  I got a ring from Pandora and a charm for my bracelet.  I received the Eiffel Tower, so both were nice surprises.

We had a great day and night overall.  It ended up better than it started, and we were happy to call it a night at the end.  We were all in bed by 9:30.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment