Sunday, December 13, 2015

Day 347: Shopping and an Ugly Sweater Party

This morning we all slept in until 8:30 or so.  It was nice to have everyone get a few extra hours.  I think we all needed it.  After breakfast, we all got ready to do a little bit of shopping at a large bulk store called Marko.  At the last minute, Daniel decided he would stay home with the kids so I went with my friend who has a card from the store.
When we got there, it was far better than I imagined.  I had no idea what to expect, but it's very similar to a Costco or Sam's Club.  I was right at home!  The grocery items could be bought in single item size or in bulk size, so that was pretty cool.  We quickly caught up with her husband and son and walked around the store getting items that each of us needed/wanted.

When we left there, my friend and I went to Decathlon (a sporting store) so I could pick up a gift.  We weren't there very long and made our way home once we left.

Daniel and I had a party to go to this evening, so we made our sausages and cut up cheese for treats to share with everyone.  I then tried to get my ugly sweater ready, but that was going to take a little bit of time, so I waited on that.

When we arrived to our friend's house (before leaving in the taxi) Daniel began pushing the lights through my sweater.  We then hung ornaments on me and left.  I definitely got laughed at, but I had a great time.  There was one girl from my office and we decided to wear the same thing.  We found these hideous dresses from H&M and transformed them into ugly Christmas trees.  We rocked it though and won the first place prize.
The winners with the hosts!

There were multiple punch options as well as food options, so we had a great time.  We chatted with a lot of different people and took a cab home after 11.  The kids had been asleep, but Maddie woke up and greeted us from the top of the staircase.  She ended up going to our bed at that point because neither of us wanted to deal with her whining from her room.  We're off to bed and hope to sleep in for a while.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment