Sunday, December 13, 2015

Day 345: Award Ceremonies and "See You Laters"

This morning was uneventful for the most part.  Daniel and I took decided to take our lunch in and I had a pilates class during my lunch break.  At 3pm the embassy community came together for the Winter Awards ceremony.  Thanks to my amazing boss who nominated me, I received an award.  I was recognized for the support I continue to provide to the Political and Economic section due to shortages in our office.  I also received notification that my Top Secret clearance was processed and approved, so thank you to all of you who talked to the investigators and assisted with that entire process.  I greatly appreciate it!  
The kids had a good day at school and Daniel got home a little early to pick up the kids so we could do a farewell dinner with one of the Marines.  The one who appears to be one of the happiest people will be leaving us on Monday for another post.  He's been such a great person and we're truly blessed to have known him for a little while.  

We enjoyed some pizza, laughs, and he received his plaque along with words from everyone he works with and invited to dinner.  He then said a few words and gave Madison and Caleb a Christmas present from him and his girlfriend.  
Caleb received a box with Barbie posted all over the outside.  He wasn't sure what to think about it but definitely thought he was getting a Barbie.  Once he got through the packaging, he found a Nerf gun tucked away underneath the Barbie paper.  Maddie received a Barbie on a Vespa.  She was so happy and couldn't wait to take it out of the box.  The kids were very happy overall and loved their presents.  

Overall, we had a great day and we were so happy to be a part of dinner with the Marines.  We had a big day and got home a bit later than we had hoped.  We did celebrate Daniel with birthday cake. I've forgotten it at work all week. We then got the kids bathed and then tucked in to bed.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment