Saturday, January 3, 2015

Day 3: Christmas Cards

This morning Madison woke up in a horrible mood. I fixed her oatmeal, which usually solves her grumpy woes, but after a few bites she was done. She was upset with me because I wouldn't let her eat with one of her play forks (thanks Uncle Jason and Aunt Jenny). For the record, she also tried to eat her supper with a play spoon. 

Caleb woke up around 10:30 and Daniel left around lunch to pick up one of the newest Marines. During this time I finished up Christmas cards. 

Our cards arrived on New Years Eve. I ordered them later than I should have and I knew I should order "New Years" cards instead, but the kids already had "Christmasy" clothes on and "Fa-la-la-la-la" signs in their photo session so I opted for Christmas cards and hoped they would get here in time. Well, they did not. So, a lot of you will be getting late Christmas cards. Enjoy them! 


I walked in to the office and found this before I began work on the cards. Maddie watching Mickey Mouse on YouTube because her movie stopped. At least she left it plugged in! 


Finally addressed, stamped, and sealed with washi tape. 

While I finished the cards up Caleb read articles from magazines and swept off the back porch. Thankfully he swept it off today because the wind and snow blew in around 3. Although the snow was coming down pretty hard, the temperatures were too warm for the snow to stick. Yes, we say warm with temps being at 37°F. 

Daniel got home shortly after that and we made our weekly FaceTime call to Nana (Daniel's mom, Rhonda). We usually catch up and compare weather stories and get blinded by the sunshine at least once during our chat. Being in Poland we tend to forget what the sun looks and feels like. We were excited to find out that Rhonda and Daniel's cousin will be visiting us in Poland this year. We're pretty excited to show family around regardless of where we are but it's especially cool since we're overseas. 

The kids eventually got restless and started to pile up on Daniel during the call. Once Maddie fell on top of Caleb and started to laugh I snagged a few photos. Their rare laughs together are priceless. 



Finally, dinner time. We made one of our favorite dishes: Breakfast Casserole. My Aunt Leann shared this with me and it has been a favorite ever since. It's simple and delicious. Plus, it's one of the few dishes that Caleb will eat a ton of. He's definitely a fan of all things breakfast. The recipe for this is posted below. 


Now, we're sitting around watching Florida and ECU play in their bowl game while Caleb tries to beat Daniel up. It'll be bedtime soon (praise the Lord) and hopefully a pretty productive day outside of the house tomorrow. Goodnight family and friends! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Breakfast Casserole: 
Preheat oven to 400°F 
Precook 1lb sausage or bacon 
then mix with
12 large eggs (already beaten)
8 oz of cheddar or mozzarella cheese (sometimes I use both) 
1/2 cup milk 
Salt and pepper to taste
Poor into a 9X13 dish and cook for 30 minutes. 

In the recipe we prefer Jimmy Dean's Maple sausage. We have tried regular sausage and it's okay, too. But, the maple offers a sweetmess that we like. I haven't tried bacon yet, but that'll be on our to do list for the future. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment