Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Day 7: Back to School and Healthy Eating

Today the British School started back after the long Christmas break. Caleb did great overall. Getting up at 6:30 after he was use to sleeping in until 10 was hard but he managed! Daniel and I got up at 6 and began our 28 Day Eat Healthy journey. The meals for that program are pretty straight forward. Lots of protein! 

For example: you eat 5 meals per day. One meal has 6 egg whites and 1 egg yolk along with oatmeal and fruit and the other meals (3 hours apart) have 6-8 oz of meat (usually chicken) along with a cup of veggies. I thought I would feel stuffed but I was actually looking forward to the next meal. 

On top of that, we woke up to a very cold morning. It was 10 degrees outside but it felt like -4. Thankfully, I didn't need to go anywhere so Daniel took the car. Despite the cold, the sunrise was beautiful! The sun stuck around for a little while but the gray clouds eventually rolled in. 


This meal is 6 oz. of chicken with 1 cup of spinach. I drizzled a little bit of dressing to make it a salad. This was at 9:30 AM. 


Madison decided that she would sleep in until 11. I tried to wake her at 9, but she wanted no part in that. 

Once she was up she up she ran around for a bit playing. She received an art easel for Christmas so she loves coloring on that. 


Each night after bath time Maddie and Daniel play peek-a-boo with me. She giggles and hides her face then she'll slowly look out to find me. Once she sees me she laughs then hides again. 


Caleb had a great day back to school and enjoyed getting back to playing with friends. No homework so that's always a positive for him! 

We had a pretty good night setting off smoke detectors as we cooked our meals for tomorrow. I'm sure our neighbors love us right about now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment