Monday, November 23, 2015

Day 328: No Good, Terrible Mondays

This morning started off okay, but quickly turned into anything but okay.  I grabbed a container of soup from the refrigerator and placed it gently in my bag.  I knew the possibilities of it tipping it over were quite large, so I was careful about it's placement etc.  Apparently, on the way to work, the bowl tipped some and soup came out of the side.  Broccoli and Cheddar soup stinks - fyi. It covered the floorboard mat along with my lunch bag. 

I made my way inside to work and started to clean up my soup fiasco.  My computer took forever to begin, let alone actually function, so after 10 minutes or so and being late to a meeting, I felt as though I was taking control back of my morning.  Overall I did, but it was still a rough start to the day.  

Daniel and I mailed off the packages around lunchtime, so pottery is off to the few who know its coming.  We finished up with everything else around 5:15 and made our way to the car and then headed home.

When we arrived the kids were downstairs with Anna playing games.  Anna loves to take them to the basement and play.  She and Caleb played the "hot and cold" game.  She had fun and laughed as she mentioned how much she enjoys the kids.  It makes my heart sad to know we'll have to say goodbye to her before too long.

I fixed dinner once Anna left and Daniel ran to the store to pick up a few items.  While Maddie was at the table, I asked her what type of birthday party she'd like to have when she turns three.  She replied, Elsa (Frozen) for a while, and then changed it to a princess party.  I'm not sure what it'll be just yet, but hearing her talk about it all was both adorable and priceless.  She was in a jibber jabber mood tonight, so she had a voice about quite a bit.
I spent the rest of my night (once I got Maddie to sleep) uploading pictures to my computer and going through even more pictures.  Right now my computer and I have a love/hate relationship, but it's something we're working on.  I'm becoming more patient, and understanding, but still frustrated when it doesn't do as I requested.  I'm working on a Christmas card, so hopefully those will go out before New Years.

We've had a pretty good day overall!  Also to let anyone who may have asked or wanted to know, we are currently safe here, but please pray for many of our friends who are not so lucky at the moment and are having to stay on restriction to stay out of any potential harm.  

Goodnight all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment