Monday, October 12, 2015

Day 285: A Fun Day Off

This morning Daniel and I got the kids off to school and we left to do breakfast. We met up with one of our dear friends and enjoyed great conversations. Afterwards, we did a little glass and pottery shopping. Technically, we did the glass shopping before breakfast, but it's all the same. 

After shopping we split ways. Daniel and I then headed over to the central area of town and went to TK Max. It's just like "TJ Max." We shopped for a while and came across some great items. We left later on and grabbed a doughnut and cookie from a store nearby. We then headed to the grocery store. 

We went to a new grocery store, but I still don't care for them. I found what was needed along with other items that were not needed and made our way to the checkout line. We made our way home shortly after and began cooking dinner. Maddie and Daniel laid in the floor first and flew and played. 
The kids had great days overall. Maddie was doing math when I showed up to get her. The teacher would ask what 5-3 was (or other numbers) and the teacher would then hold up her fingers. Maddie would then count how many fingers were remaining and tell her the answer. She then thanked the teacher at the end of the lesson before she saw me. She was being so sweet! The teacher mentioned to be that a lot of her 4 and 5 year olds can't do that and don't recognize numbers, so she was very proud of Madison's progress. 

Caleb had a great day and enjoyed playing with his friends. He didn't mention how his after school club went so maybe I can find out tomorrow. He came home though and worked on two slides that are due for a project. 

Daniel and I finished our night with a craft project. I purchased washi tape and a large canvas a while ago to do a picture for Maddie's room. We desperately need color in there (and everywhere else). So, we knocked it out this evening. Hopefully we can get it hung up soon!
Also, I'm debating on numerous personal things, such as continuing school at this point (while in Poland). I plan to do it, but my life is pretty full, and I don't want to settle with mediocre grades. I have high expectations for myself, so please pray for me and this decision. 

I have a lot to be thankful for, that's for sure! 

Goodnight all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment