Monday, February 2, 2015

Day 32: Cold Weather, Sunshine, and Old Town

This morning we woke up a little later than normal and Caleb started out with a horrible cough.  The cold has definitely done a number on him.  We hung around the house for most of the day.  Caleb lacks initiative and has yet to earn points to get ungrounded.  If you don't recall, he is grounded again for losing two more items (one jacket and one beanie).  These items may reappear, but for now, they are gone.  He was upset that my school work is too easy.  He says that he would like to be in college so he can watch TV and type.  Let me explain.

I'm taking a class studying serial killers and how they are seen as heroes in popular culture.  With this, I get to watch some pretty gruesome stuff.  I also "get" to write reports on this and I have to read five chapter books to accompany what we are discussing.  Needless to say, this is a pretty busy class.  I do watch TV for this class, but that's all Caleb sees.  He chooses to ignore the other things I have to do in order to keep up in the class.  Anyways, there's a point for all of the above information.  He decided to tell me how easy he thought all of this was.  I asked him if he would like to write a paper over a movie and he said yes.  I told him he could type it instead, and he thought that was the best ever.  He has yet to begin, but he has to write 750 words over the movie Toy Story 3 and he has to type it all.  We'll see how this takes place.  I'll definitely write an update Tuesday night (Day 34).  All in all, I hope this is a learning experience for him.
After this conversation, we decided to get out of the house and enjoy some of the beautiful sunshine. Even though the sun was out, it was still in the high 20s to low 30s plus wind.  Maddie was bundled up pretty tight!  Unfortunately, she couldn't move very much. 
We loved walking down through town and making our way into Old Town.  Everything was still lit up and it was beautiful.  Madison kept saying, "Christmas tree!"  In the middle of the square there is now an ice skating rink and I can't wait to get on it (or another one).  I asked Caleb if he would like to go ice skating and he quickly replied, "no."  Maybe Daniel and I can make a date out of it one night.
Ice skating!
If you can't skate, ask for a penguin to help!

We debated on coming home to cook dinner, but most know how overrated that is.  So, we found Pizza Hut instead.  We hadn't had that in a really, really long time.  The menu that was handed to us was in German and English so it was interesting to see all of that.  The pizza was better than we could have hoped for and Caleb and I were so excited that they had green olives!! Our favorite pizza: pepperoni and green olives (thanks mom and Leann).
Once we left Pizza Hut, we walked back to our car and made it back home.  We FaceTimed with Rhonda and talked to her for a little while.  Maddie was pretty tired, so she was acting delirious and laughing so hard at everything.  She can thank both me and Leann for that. ;)
She wanted a ride in her doll stroller. Caleb, being a good big brother, was running all over the house with her. He then stacked all of her dolls on her. She kept sticking her hand out to hold more. It was so funny and sweet. 

After our conversation ended, the kids went to bed and I finished up more homework for my statistics class.  I didn't do as well as I had hoped on this week's quiz, but at least I'm done for another 12 hours.  Next week I'll be in week 4 which means I'll be half way done with this term.  I couldn't be happier!  Unfortunately, that also means midterms, so I'll have to push through that.  Fun times, right?!

It is now after midnight and the Super Bowl game is now beginning (12:30 AM) for us.  We won't get the commercials (thanks AFN) but we will get to see part of the game.  I couldn't care less, so I probably won't last too long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment