Monday, February 16, 2015

Day 47: Skiing and Exploring

We started off this morning with breakfast from the hotel. Afterwards, the boys took off to go skiing and Allison, Jake, Maddie, and myself went to explore Zakopane. 

We left the hotel and found a one horse open sleigh and took a nice (and cold) tour all around. It was so cool to see some of the wood work on the houses. Maddie fell asleep on me and napped for 15 minutes or so. 
We got to watch a few people do the ski jump. This was a really cool area. There was snow tubbing, snowmobile racing (think go carts back home), and skiing. 

Daniel told me that he and Caleb had the best time. Caleb would get to the top of the mountain and go straight down without turning. He would go so fast and never fall. They can't wait to go back for more tomorrow. 
After the sleigh ride, the crew that decided not to ski found the town area and walked around. I thought bringing the stroller was a great idea and it was. However, it doesn't really work when you're trying to push it through sidewalks filled with snow. I almost threw Maddie out of the stroller a few times, picked it up numerous times to move it out of a "no go" area, and fought with every tricky sidewalk possible. This fun, led me to my favorite purchase of today - Maddie's sled. 
Yep. She's in there. Under a blanket and watching Baby Einstein on the iPad. 
I loved pushing the sled versus the stroller. But, when the snow and ice are cleared from the sidewalks, the sled is incredibly hard to push. So, I pulled her behind me instead. 

We ate at a really nice place tonight and the steak was amazing. It's been a really long time since I've had one so delicious. 
After dinner we attempted to find Caleb a new set of gloves but didn't have much luck. So, we came back to the hotel and got things ready for tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment