Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Day 34: Papers and Presents

Today played out like all of our other weekdays.  Not very exciting and very mundane.  I was able to complete a lot of homework and also run a few errands.  So that was good.

Luckily, we live close by to a stores.  I walked to pick up some milk and some fresh produce.  I was able to practice a little bit of my Polish and managed to get what I was looking for.  I loved the walk (the sun was actually shining again) but had to be extra careful as the sidewalks were still covered in ice.

Once Caleb got home he began working on his paper.  He mentioned the other day that my school work compared to his was unfair, so I asked him to do an assignment like I have to do.  He agreed and pending his work, he may get points to go towards getting ungrounded.  He has done nothing else to get ungrounded, so we'll see.  I really hope he finds the initiative sooner than later.

He spent a lot of time writing but after a few hours of working on the paper (yesterday and today), he only had 260ish words.  He said that doing the assignment was a lot harder than he thought and he was wrong by saying how easy it seemed.

We also received a package today for Madison.  It contained her birthday outfit and she was so excited to get a present.  When we opened the box up we let her dig through it.  She said, "present" then started tearing into the tissue paper.  Needless to say, she loves opening gifts and tearing paper.

Tomorrow is the big day that she turns 2! I can't believe this time 2 years ago three of my friends were having babies as I sat on the sidelines, envious and tired, ready for my time to come. Thankfully, it was via caesarian so I knew exactly when she would arrive. No surprises here!

I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by and all that has changed, but more on that tomorrow.

Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment