Saturday, February 21, 2015

Day 52: Shopping!

This morning we decided to go to Ikea for a few things that we needed (and wanted). We didn't find all of what we were looking for, but we found a cute bed that we may get Madison when she transitions out of her crib. 

The kids weren't the greatest in the store. Caleb wasn't feeling very well and wanted to rest every time we passed a chair, and Maddie only wanted to walk. We let her down near the toys and it was a battle to get her out of there. Finally we got a bigger buggy and she sat in it just fine. Of course playing my phone may have helped her, too. 

Near the end of the trip, Maddie fell asleep on my shoulder. She doesn't do this often, so it's the sweetest thing when she does. I love her sweet snuggles. 

She woke up as we were putting her in the car and stayed in a pretty good mood. I bought a package of cookies from Ikea and Maddie would say, "cookie please." When I'd reach back to give her one she'd reply with, "thank you, Mommy." I can't get over how fast she's growing. 

We got back home and unpacked the few items we got, and then I went to another store to look around. It was nice to just get out for a bit. 

When I got back Maddie was waking up from her nap. Once she was up we FaceTimed with Rhonda and Kim. Maddie said hey to her Nana but she lights up and laughs when she sees her Poppy. He usually makes some sort of animal sound and she starts bouncing all around. She's so funny. 

We went to dinner and it was actually better than we thought it would be. We all had Mexican (or close to it) and enjoyed being out of the house. Once we left we went home. 

After showers and baths, I called and talked to my Daddy for a little bit to catch up on the day to day. Maddie said hey and bye a couple of times and kept screaming out animal names and sounds. Caleb got to talk to him and tell him about whatever he wanted. I think they talked about skiing but who really knows. I was trying to keep Maddie out of the loud toys. 

It is always so nice talking to our families. We always feel a little more connected and like we're part of their world. Perhaps I can get into a better habit of calling a little more than I do. 

These pictures are from Maddie and Caleb playing tonight. 


We're hoping for another beautiful day tomorrow. Goodnight world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment