Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Day 160: Doctors and Naps

Last night was pretty rough. Daniel and the kids went to bed early. By the time I was able to lie down it was 8:30. At that point Maddie began coughing and crying so I went to her room to calm her down. 

She coughed so much that she threw up so I called Daniel in to help. He had no idea what was going on and thought we had company, so it took him a minute to figure out what I was asking for. Once he got in there she was finished and had calmed down. She went right back to sleep. 

I returned to my bed, and before 10 minutes had passed, she was in our room screaming and crawling into our bed. Maddie and I coughed all night so when morning came we decided to take her to see the doctor. 

The doctor saw her and said he could hear a lot of crud in her lungs and there was a small concentration in one area. Although he didn't think it was pneumonia, he was treating her as if it were. 

I worked for a few hours and Daniel entertained her during that time. When I was done I came home with Maddie. She fell asleep on the ride home and took a small nap. 
Once home she was awake and full of energy. She didn't make it long before she wanted me to hold her, so I did. We cuddled on the couch and eventually she fell asleep on me. 
This nap lasted for a few hours. She really needed it. Once Caleb was home she played with him for a bit. 
Maddie found a few books and got Daniel to read to her. They both loved it. 
Hopefully tonight we will rest a little better, but I don't have high hopes! 

Goodnight all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment