Saturday, July 25, 2015

Day 203: Disney Cruise, Here We Come!

Sorry for the delay, but without consultant Internet, you have to wait until our port days where we can find wifi! This post is long. You've been forewarned. 

This morning began around 4:30 AM for Daniel and myself. It probably wouldn't have been so bad, had we not went to bed around 2 AM. Maddie woke up around 12 needing to potty. I was working on packing her suitcase at the time. I took her to the bathroom and laid down with her for a few minutes. She refused to go back sleep and screamed anytime Daniel spoke to her. She ended up in our bed, forcing both Daniel and myself to lie down. I guess I'm thankful for that. Otherwise, I would have gotten much less sleep. 

We departed for the airport at 5:30 AM and checked in pretty quickly. We then sat down for breakfast and waited a bit. This is our first time flying to London. We had to go through border patrol where we spent a good 10-15 minutes. We arrived to our gate (finally) only to see no other passengers. I was slightly worried (we still had 25 minutes until take off, but you never know) until we saw the attendant waiting for stragglers like us. In our defense, we weren't alone. There were a few others who arrived after us. 
We boarded the plane and took our seats. Maddie got comfortable by the window beside me. Because there were a few extra seats, Caleb got comfortable beside Daniel across the aisle. 
The flight went well and everyone was capable of catching a little bit of sleep. I can never rest long, so I spent time messing with pictures on my computer and writing this post. 
When we landed we had to go through customs. The line was so long, and it took at least 30 minutes to get through. It could have been worse, but it could have also been better. 

When our passports were stamped and we were finally allowed into the country, we found our bags and met up with our Disney crew. We then made our way to the bus where we rode about 1 1/2 hours to get to the ship. 

We finally arrived to Dover, England and Caleb's eyes were huge once he spotted the boat. He couldn't believe how big it was. 

Once we processed through the entire check in process, we went to our room. We met my cousin Alayna there. She gave us the grand tour and told us what to expect when. I'm so thankful she gave us a one-on-one tour, as there was SO much to see and take in. 

We celebrated the debark and found a few snacks to hold us over until dinner. Dinner was great, but at that point, Maddie was done. She fell asleep at the table but woke up to eat, which was great!  
After dinner, Daniel and I took Caleb to one of the kid's clubs and we got Maddie ready for bed. She went down great on the bottom bunk. I was so happy to hear they had sleep rails, too. 

When we walked in from dinner we found this beauty. 
Daniel and I hung out a bit more at the end of the night and then tucked in ourselves. We can't wait until tomorrow. 

Goodnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment