Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Day 83: Warming up!

Today was a beautiful day. Especially when you compare it to the 23 degree weather we had yesterday morning that felt like 17.

I took Maddie to daycare earlier than normal today. They had a trip to a local police station and she had a good time. She had a great day overall. The only downfall with daycare and outings are the lack of potty breaks. Although she has a few accidents at school, she's doing great at home. No accidents (for the most part). 

While the kids were at school, I ran a few errands and got some grocery shopping done. I also stopped by our local florist and picked up some springy flowers. 

Once home I decided to go for another run (mostly walk) on the treadmill. I'm trying to like running, but for now it's just a way to exercise. I remember my dad and other people in my life actually enjoy running, but I haven't gotten to that point just yet. We'll see what happens. I'm following the "couch to 5K" app on my phone so it is encouraging. I know I should have at least 10,000 steps per day. Until yesterday I've been falling short. But, today I did even better and got in over 11,000. That's a big deal for me, because I'm quite content being a couch potato most days.

Caleb had a great day at school. He is in a club that helps misfortunate families. They had a bake sale today to help raise money for that charity. He helped sell the food items and he said they did really well and raised a lot of money. He also brought home his Egyptian mask he had made. He did a great job on it! 
Once Daniel was home he and Caleb played catch. They practiced different baseball techniques and drills. They seemed to have had fun. Afterwards we fixed dinner. 

Tonight we cooked "shish-ka-bobs" and they were delicious! Maddie devoured the onions and Caleb at least tried it all. He and Daniel picked the vegetables off and ate the chicken along with the other sides. Boys!

Goodnight all. Much love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment