Sunday, May 3, 2015

Day 123: A Sick Baby Girl

This morning Maddie woke up pretty early. She didn't rest well and wasn't in the best of moods. I put her in bed with us and she watched Mickey Mouse for a little bit. Thankfully, Daniel got up with her so I could rest some more. I woke up with the allergy crud. My face/nose hurt, as well as my head. Everything else just hurt and I didn't feel well. I'm contributing it to the added pollen, but I'm so glad Spring is visiting Warsaw regardless of how my body is reacting to it. 

Daniel left to do some work this afternoon while I worked on my paper for school and the kids played. Maddie stayed very close to my side and made sure that I was never out of sight. She has been very clingy today.

Later in the afternoon we went over to a friend's house for a card game and to catch up. We hadn't visited in a while, so it was so nice to see everyone and hear what was new in everyone's life. We enjoyed some great food and laughs.

Unfortunately, while we were there, Maddie seemed to feel even worse. She felt pretty warm and was just uncomfortable and miserable. She played a little bit but usually came back to us crying about something. When we got home she got a bath and fell asleep on me while we were talking to Daniel's mom.
Caleb has had a good day overall and has enjoyed playing with his friends, watching a movie, and playing games on his electronics. He also worked a little bit on his school project. Overall, he's feeling fine and has been a great trooper!

To top off my night, I overlooked an "orange chicken" recipe in the crockpot. I swear that thing cooks way faster than it should. It was not edible, so I guess we can order out tomorrow night or eat cereal. Either way, it's a win win. 

We had a good day overall. Hopefully Maddie will wake up feeling better but I'll definitely be playing my morning by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment