Monday, May 4, 2015

Day 124: Another Sick Day

This morning started out pretty early. Maddie went to sleep in our bed last night and as a result I woke up every few hours (which felt like every five minutes) to give her some water. 

She was running a fever this morning so I stayed home with her. Daniel got Caleb ready for school and Maddie just whined. She ate a few bites of a bagel but overall she didn't care for much of anything. 
She would play for a few minutes then asked to be held. If I got up to do something productive she'd cry and hold her arms up. There was a lot of cuddling and whining today but also a lot of love. 
Tonight's biggest challenge was cooking dinner. I wanted to fix some chicken and rice soup for Maddie but also had planned to fix something separate for Caleb. I needed to cook both dishes anyways, I just picked the wrong day to juggle it all. Maddie was very needy during that time and wanted to be held. I did my best, but she had to cry a little when I put her down. 

After she ate, she seemed like a different (happier) version of herself. This only lasted for an hour or so (long enough to clean up). Unfortunately, she started running a fever again before bed. I gave her more medicine and she finally fell asleep. 

Caleb has had a full day. He enjoyed PE and had a great time visiting with a friend after school. He has a lot of work to do for upcoming presentations, but he's getting there. 

Daniel has an inspection going on this week so we won't really see him until Friday, so no updates for him. 

Goodnight all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment